Once again I am reminded of how well behaved the baby & J are as we went to Weatherford today to Uncle Brad's house where Gram's cousins & extended family had gathered. J was perfectly well behaved & made fast friends. The baby slept most of the time. It had been awhile since we'd seen most of that family. Jan said that she remembered Madeline as being the curly headed baby. Now she's the "use the straightener" almost 13 year old.
Rushed back from Weatherford to make the end of the season lacrosse get together. It has been a fun season of watching Lucas become more skilled in the sport, and Coach Todd to learn the game. I wish we had met as families at the beginning of the season so that we could have become more familiar during the season.
The baby always attracts attention wherever we go. I could see a family of 3 sitting away from our group, smiling and looking at him. When I got close, they asked how old he was. Thru the conversation I explained that I was his foster mom. The mom's eyes lit up as she then explained that her 6 year old was adopted. She said that she came to live with them, I think around 37 days old. She new it to the exact second. I said we are so fortunate to love this baby while his family gets ready for him, I'm sure her foster mom felt the same. The six year old, with some coaxing, knew foster mom and birth mom's name. It was another God moment in seeing what a blessing the positive affects of foster care can be. I have a feeling I might just see or hear from them again.
Last night was a little rough. One of those sleepwalking or sleepworking modes when I'm feeding the baby, lay him down, fall back to sleep, then am startled awake trying to remember if I fed him or not when all is quiet. A lot to keep up with but still I wouldn't trade it. God is so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi. Wow, you wrote about us :) We were so thrilled to meet you on Sat. It was wonderful to have my daughter meet you and see with her own eyes the love of a foster family and foster baby. She was adopted at 3 mo. 17 days and during that time we always told her she was in loving arms of a foster family...and now she really gets it. I told my husband that God put us together at that place and time to meet you...what a blessing. God is good!!
Post a Comment