Monday, December 6, 2010

Nina, Buddy, and Big Hair

I think that everyone should "rent a just turn 4 year old" for the Christmas season. It is such a delight to witness everything thru A's eyes. We drive thru the neighborhood and I swear, she knows every blowup Christmas decoration and laughs as we pass them by. Tonight we went to the middle school holiday concert for those that take voice lessons. Madeline sang a beautiful solo. Can't tell you the name of the song, something French, but she did awesome. A sat there for an hour just looking at me and smiling with each song. She loves it all.
I had a couple of mild panics over the weekend. One at the Dallas Christmas parade and the other at The Village Church on Sunday. Similar crowds at both, well close. I got to thinking what if I lose this child. She does know her first and last name but who's she going to ask for,"Nina, Buddy, and Big Hair." Geez, even her coat has my niece's name written in it. We stuck one of Buddy's business cards in her pocket and I have begun working on teaching her my name. Its those little things that pop up that I realize what a responsibility I have.
A went to bed so I tried to snap a pic a the Stanfield kids for a Christmas card. Why is something that is suppose to be so merry and bright turn so dark and nasty so quickly. Makes me want to cuss and do bodily. But, since getting our foster care license, I've given up both. Put an email out to Pixie Dust Photography Queen and she'll come save the day on Thursday. Don't know why my kids think she's so fun. Just kiddin.
Prayers today for God's healing hand on all the people who are sick, suffering, or need to be reminded to place all worries in Him who loves us. Thank you God for this day and the thrill I'm receiving from watching our own angel A love all the reasons for this season of Christmas.

No comments: